SEC. 1207. INFORMATION DISSEMINATION.
(a) IN GENERAL- From funds reserved under section 1202(b)(1)(D), the National Institute for Literacy, in collaboration with the Secretary of Education, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the Director of the National Institute for Child Health and Human Development shall —
(1) disseminate information on scientifically based reading research pertaining to children, youth, and adults;
(2) identify and disseminate information about schools, local educational agencies, and State educational agencies that have effectively developed and implemented classroom reading programs that meet the requirements of this subpart, including those State educational agencies, local educational agencies, and schools that have been identified as effective through the evaluation and peer review provisions of this subpart; and
(3) support the continued identification and dissemination of information on reading programs that contain the essential components of reading instruction as supported by scientifically based reading research, that can lead to improved reading outcomes for children, youth, and adults.
(b) DISSEMINATION AND COORDINATION- At a minimum, the National Institute for Literacy shall disseminate the information described in subsection (a) to —
(1) recipients of Federal financial assistance under this title, title III, the Head Start Act, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, and the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act; and
(2) each Bureau funded school (as defined in section 1141 of the Education Amendments of 1978).
(c) USE OF EXISTING NETWORKS- In carrying out this section, the National Institute for Literacy shall, to the extent practicable, use existing information and dissemination networks developed and maintained through other public and private entities including through the Department and the National Center for Family Literacy.
(d) NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR LITERACY- For purposes of funds reserved under section 1202(b)(1)(D) to carry out this section, the National Institute for Literacy shall administer such funds in accordance with section 242(b) of Public Law 105-220 (relating to the establishment and administration of the National Institute for Literacy).